Totally Kids Furniture will soon be Totally Home to reflect our emphasis on being the place to come for furniture and accessories for all your special places and spaces. Totally Kids will become a sub brand of Totally Home.
A twin over full bunk bed set up gives you a twin bed on top with a larger full size bed on the bottom which can be very useful in a small space. Most often constructed of solid wood or metal you have many style and aesthetic options for our bunk beds twin over full. A trundle can offer another sleeping space under the bottom full bed, or under bed storage drawers can give you organized storage underneath the sleeping area. In combination this can give you a lot of flexibility in your design and layout.
Our twin over full bunk beds are a great solution for extended family, out-of-town guests, vacations homes, AirBnbs, VRBOs, or hosting your child’s rambunctious friends for a sleepover. Have multiple young kids that you'd like to design a fun, safe, and stylish space for them to play and sleep in? Check with one of our furniture experts for twin over full bunkbed options that meet your unique requirements. We only carry bunk beds that meet Federal requirements, so you can shop knowing that they are manufactured for safety and durability with sturdy, solid construction.
The personal shoppers available to you are experts in furniture. Reach out via chat, email, or phone and we would be happy to help you with your project. Email us at info@thebeanbagstore or call (800) 976-0102. Thank you as always.
1. Can an adult sleep on this bed? - The main considerations are fit and weight limit. Humans (and potentially pet companions) come in a variety of weights and sizes and you just need to make sure that the top or bottom bunk will comfortably fit and support the adult using it. This specifications are in the product listings, but if you have any questions at all, ask one of our furniture experts.
2. What is a twin over full bunk bed? - This indicates that the bottom sleeping space is larger than the top. A standard twin mattress is 75"L x 38"W while the full is 75"L x 54"W. This can work great for children of different ages, again paying attention to the fit and weight limits. Need something longer? Then you'll want to take a look at our extra long or XL twin over full bunk beds where the length of the mattresses increase to 80".
3. How much weight can the top bunk hold? - Read the product description from the manufacturer or ask one of our product experts. Although this can vary, all the beds we carry meet or exceed Federal standards and CSPC guidelines. We have posted additional information and links on bunk bed safety and regulation on our site for you convenience.
4. Can a bunk bed be separated into 2 beds at a later time? - This is often the case as many value this style of bed for its versality, but it does depend on the manufacturer. If is not clear to you in the description or specifications, please ask one of our representatives.
5. Mattress length and width is often standard, but how do I decide about height or thickness? - In the bottom bunk the mattress thickness determines the amount of space between the top and bottom beds. On top, the height of the mattress affects the clearance between bed and ceiling and how much safety rail height is available. We can help with those calculations for your space if you are not comfortable doing so. We've helped thousands of just to be sure, double checking, detailed moms and dads as well as designers, architects, and other trade professionals.
Have other questions? You aren't the only one. Hit the chat button, email, or contact us through the form on the site.